Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Not Really Looking

I specifically got this laptop to motivate myself to start writing. It has been what, two months hence and I have not written anything substantial since then.


Moreover, it has been a week ago since I celebrated my birthday. I can’t really say it isthe best but it is certainly among the best birthday celebrations I had in my 34 years. This is the first time I got four cakes (almost five but the last one was changed to ice cream instead!)!


I only started having cakes when I started working. I grew up in a lower-middle class family, where these luxuries (cakes, ice creams and such) were not favored so much but instead homemade rice cakes (biko) and noodles (pancit). We were not being patriotic but were actually being frugal and practical.


Now I understand why (more often than I should) I indulge with a pint of ice cream and eating chocolate cakes is really a treat for me.


Going back to my blog title… why find Mr. Right?


I have received lots (well, tons to be honest) of love advice regarding this matter. And reviewing my first entry – the introduction – I cringe! I am so hopelessly romantic but I never realize I was that sappy.


Have I given up my search? Did I really look for Mr. Right?


The more you look, the more he eludes me.


So I stopped looking.


After my last relationship with Mr. Feeling-Straight-but-isn’t (who is also Mr. Feeling-Gwapo aka Mr, User-Friendly), I decided to just take stock of my current social status and concentrate on my own.


And Mr. Right has finally found me.

No comments: