Friday, August 08, 2014

Fifty Shades of Sex (err Grey)

I finished reading this last night. Truth be told, I am not a fan of fiction, I am a hard-core science fiction and fantasy reader. I got intrigued into reading this trilogy when I saw the movie's trailer. I am more of a book than movie, so I downloaded an e-book copy, and plowed to the story of Anastasia and Christian.

If you removed all the sex scenes in the plot, these three novels could be a short story of around 50 or so pages.

Okay, I liked it, albeit the sex scenes. I jumped ahead whenever Anastasia and Christian were doing it. Not because I find BDSM gross but for me, sex is sex. So what do I like about the novel(s)?

I find the characters well fleshed out. Though I give benefit of a doubt to how rich people acts (how would I know, I am not rich hahaha) but the emotional baggage they each have is enough to convince me to believe the way they act as they do.

What else?

I liked the way I imagine Christian to be hahaha.

I come to ask myself, is there such a thing as fifty shades? I am not that particular to shades. For me, black is black, white is white or blue. I guess I believe more on layers? People are like onions that you need to peel like at the end, either you cry at what you will find out or you carry-off your onion skin :)

No comments: